Construction cost estimating is the process of determining the approximate costs associated with a construction project.
A skilled contractor can give a rough estimate for a small job, but it is difficult to accurately estimate the cost of large projects that require detailed bids.
Cloud-based construction estimating software can be used to streamline and reduce the time and cost of construction projects. There are many types of construction software available, from simple spreadsheet templates to collaborative online software that includes many features that optimize the entire estimating process.
Jonas Estimating Software has a higher implementation cost (TCO) than STACK Takeoff & Estimating. STACK Takeoff & Estimating is rated better (88/100) than Jonas Estimating Software (78/100). Jonas Enterprise provides more features (6 for its customers) than STACK Takeoff & Estimating ((0)).
STACK Software provides cloud-based estimating and construction takingoff capabilities to customers. This allows them to quickly measure their digital plans as part of the project estimation process. STACK Takeoff, one of the most widely used takeoff construction estimating software on the market, is made to be useful for all major trades: general contractors, concrete contractors and roofers, interior finishers, landscape professionals, home builders, masons and other specialties.
STACK Construction software has a great reputation with customers. It is rated highly by all major software review sites.
These are the key features of STACK takeoff:
- Cost estimations and proposals.
- cloud storage and takeoff,
- Unit Collaboration and Connectivity,
- Document management
STACK Construction software offers 54 features for its customers.
- Cloud-based solution that saves takeoffs in real time.
- Provides excellent customer support and training.
- Allows the creation of complex custom assemblies that can be reused in other projects.
- Annual renewals can be quite expensive.
- Customers can expect long wait times when contacting customer service.
- Large projects can sometimes slow down the software.
Jonas Construction Software is a cloud-based, web-based and mobile-friendly construction management system that allows you to manage your project from start to finish. Jonas Construction Software has been a trusted and intuitive solution for contractors for over 25 years.
This application offers accounting, service and project management capabilities for any type of business.
Jonas Estimating helps in managing the construction business activities, including mechanical handling, HVAC, Plumbing, and electric trades. The software’s dashboard allows senior executives and managers to see the performance of customers, department profitability, supplier obligations, and other information.
Direct payroll deposit is a method of paying employees on time by its users. Jonas software integrates customer management, project management and service management into its accounting suite.
User workflow and approvals. Its web-based document management suite offers more than 40 modules to its users.
Jonas Software allows you to:
- Track allows you to track time, costs and materials with an intuitive interface.
- Import your projects to the system in just a few clicks. You’ll be able to get your system up and running within minutes.
- You have the ability to monitor all aspects of your project, including resource allocation and job progress.
Jonas Construction Software offers 76 features for its customers.
- Jonas Software’s interface is very user-friendly. You can view the summary or drill down into the details.
- The document management system is very simple and quick to use to attach documents to A/P jobs entries and invoices.
- Jonas’ Estimating offers its customers in-house customer support. Customers can talk to their team members who will listen to them and address their concerns.
- Contact management. Not user-friendly and clumsy
STACK Software vs Jonas Construction Software–A Comparison
Target Customer Size
STACK Software and Jonas Construction Software were both created to target small, medium and large-sized businesses in the building, construction and repair, plumbing and contracting industries.
STACK Software has a rating of 4.5/5 ITQlick, and Jonas Construction Software has a rating of 4.1/5 ITQlick.
Customers can view a Jonas Construction Software demo to see if it meets their requirements. STACK Software offers a demo on-demand to potential buyers, so they can get a clear idea of what to expect from the product.
Subscription fees, software license, training, customizations, hardware, maintenance & support and other services may all be included in the total cost of ownership (TCO). Both Construction software provide free plans for their customers.
Jonas Enterprise charges $8,000 for a paid plan. On a scale of 1-10, they are rated 4 which is lower than the average price of Construction software. The STACK Estimating paid plans start at $1,999/user/year. This is lower than the average cost of Construction software.
Jonas Estimating and STACK Construction Estimating Software are two very useful pieces of software for the construction industry. We have provided information about their features and cons. You can then choose the one that best suits your needs, both professionally and/or organizationally.