ITIL (acronym – IT Infrastructure Library) is a set of guidelines for efficient IT service delivery and management (ITSM). ITIL is a framework for managing information technology that has been shown to reduce risk, improve customer relationships, save operational costs, and enable businesses to create a flexible infrastructure that can adapt to expansion and new challenges. ITIL certification consistently ranks high on “must-have” lists of IT credentials.
Axelos revised ITIL 4 in February 2019 to emphasize legacy network and system support without sacrificing IT service management (ITSM) agility, flexibility, or innovation. IT Infrastructure Library 4 has been widely adopted as of 2021, and Axelos has stated that it would phase down ITIL 3 as of the beginning of 2022.
Are you interested in using your knowledge of information technology for purposes other than writing code or maintaining databases? Are you interested in optimizing the efficiency and IT services you receive from a young company? Is running a business something you excel at? Do you have an aptitude for information technology and hope to use a credential to further your career? You can quickly solve these problems by taking the ITIL training course. An ITIL certification is all that’s required.
ITIL certification – what does that mean?
Certifications in the IT Infrastructure Library show that you understand and can apply standard IT processes, terminology, and methods in service management. IT experts with ITIL certification can help companies expand and modernize thanks to their extensive knowledge and experience.
Managing digital services is a continual process that requires attention to both the service’s goals and the challenges that arise during their creation, distribution, and upkeep. One of the keys to effective IT service management is understanding how to account for these shifting considerations as you build.
Facts: IT Infrastructure Library
ITIL-certified professionals and industry experts agree that certification is a win-win situation for everyone involved. Findings from a recent study of 117 IT professionals with intermediate-level ITIL certification are:
- Seventy-six percent of respondents felt that intermediate and advanced ITIL certifications improved their marketability, and over 59 percent thought they had an advantage in the workplace because of their certification.
- Seventy per cent said they learned something new. It is noteworthy since one frequent criticism of ITIL certification is the claim that it rarely leads to acquiring new knowledge.
- 55% said they were more effective in their roles, and 47% said their staff had become more economical with money and time. It suggests that a person with ITIL certification may have a more significant influence on their workplace group.
Types of ITIL certification
1. ITIL Foundation
To be ITIL-certified, you must have ITIL Foundation. Here is where most ITIL learners and ITIL certificates begin. As there are no prerequisites, anyone interested in the subject can apply for the certification. You can also prepare for the ITIL Foundation test through self-study or by combining the two. No training is necessary for the Foundations exam. Passing the Foundation exam requires 60 minutes and 40 multiple-choice questions. Passing the Foundation exam requires 65% (26 correct answers).
2. ITIL Practitioner
The ITIL Practitioner certification focuses on the skills of someone familiar with ITIL processes and their real-world application. An ITIL practitioner must demonstrate how the framework may support corporate objectives.
ITIL Practitioner is the next step after ITIL Foundation (a requirement). This training focuses on an organization’s ability to embrace, adapt, and integrate ITIL concepts. The ITIL Expert certification earns you three credits, but it’s not necessary for higher-level ITIL credentials. Self-study, classroom, online, and remote learning are all ways to prepare. To pass the Practitioner exam, candidates must have 28 accurate answers on a 40-question multiple-choice exam.
3. ITIL Intermediate
ITIL Intermediate is a module-based certification covering multiple IT service management areas. AXELOS allows candidates to choose modules from either type to match their career goals.
AXELOS recommends two years of ITSM training experience for this job. You must take an ITIL course from an ATO to prepare for the Intermediate exam; you cannot self-study and then take the exam.
4. ITIL Expert
To earn the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Expert credential, candidates must demonstrate an in-depth familiarity with ITIL’s processes and practices. ITIL Master certification requires prior ITIL Expert certification as a prerequisite. For the ITIL Expert certification, you need to obtain 17 credits from the Practitioner, Intermediate, and Foundation modules; for the MALC test, you need to earn 22 credits.
5. ITIL Master
When you get your ITIL Master certification, you’ll have access to all the ITIL procedures and principles taught in the lower levels of the ITIL certification scheme (from Foundation to Expert). You can thoroughly understand the ITIL framework by passing the following exams.
The best way to prove your IT expertise is to take the ITIL Expert test.
- You need at least five years of leadership experience and knowledge of ITIL.
- Please suggest a new feature or enhancement to our service as a proposal.
- A work package demonstrating your ability to apply ITIL principles to a real-world business case, with evidence of the positive effects on business service, is due.
- Get a good report from the IT Infrastructure Library assessment interview panel.
Congratulations on reaching the pinnacle of success in your field, as evidenced by earning this certification. This certification is expensive and has strict criteria. Pursuing the ITIL Master certification is only recommended if you are genuinely committed to your career.
Benefits of ITIL certification
The following are some of the advantages that a company will have when ITIL is put into practice:
- It contributes to service enhancement by facilitating the management of business risk and service interruption.
- It aids in establishing economically viable methods of controlling service demand.
- It allows for organizational evolution while preserving a consistent service climate.
- It aids in enhancing and establishing trusting connections with clients by providing practical and tailored services to meet their specific requirements.
ITIL certifications help businesses optimize their IT service management by demonstrating mastery of industry-standard procedures. To advance your service management career, you can get your ITIL certification with the Simplilearn online education platform.