Xbox gives customers an avenue to return purchases and memberships. How to Refund a Game on Xbox If necessary, you can get a refund on even the best Xbox games. There are restrictions and limits in place to prevent abuse, so players may not always have access to these choices.
However, gamers may frequently get refunds or easily cancel unwanted subscriptions directly from their Xbox console or through their Microsoft Account online. All the information you require regarding refunds for Xbox games, game purchases, and subscriptions is provided below.
Ways to Refund a Game or Game Purchases on Xbox
Mistakes will inevitably be made when making investments in the vast Xbox ecosystem. You may make a purchase and later realize you made a mistake or the item doesn’t work as expected, so here you go with the ways to refund a game or game purchase on Xbox.
- You have to use the account through which the product was purchased.
You must log in with the account used to purchase the item. It should go without saying, but you must have access to the account used to purchase to ask for a refund for any Xbox games or game purchases.
You’ll need to have a browser that can be used to sign into that account. Microsoft advises that you safeguard your account and be familiar with your security settings to ensure that only you have access to your account and that nobody else does.
This guard against unauthorised purchases (for which a refund is not always guaranteed).
- You need to make a request; refunds are not guaranteed.
Refunds must be requested; they are not promised. Refund requests that adhere to these guidelines are generally accepted without any problems, but they are still only that: requests.
Microsoft’s “buying experience” includes a thorough refund policy, but if Microsoft feels the system is being misused in any way, it can and will refuse refunds.
- Refunds don’t apply to all products in the Microsoft Store.
Not all products in the Microsoft Store are eligible for refunds. The Xbox refund programme only applies to “digital game material,” and as a result, not all purchases made through the Microsoft Store are eligible.
For instance, a separate return scheme for hardware purchases is available through Microsoft Support. What can and cannot be refunded on Xbox is listed below:
- Xbox digital game offers, including bundles with numerous games or products, can all be refunded by players.
- Xbox digital game DLC and expansions are refundable by players.
- Some Xbox digital games’ single-use consumables can be returned by players as long as they haven’t been redeemed or used.
- Players can cancel digital game pre-orders up to 10 days before the title publishes.
- A player may then ask for a refund if they are still charged for their pre-order
- As long as they are the sender and not the recipient, players can return digital games and game purchases they have made for Xbox (this is done through your Microsoft Account Order History).
- If a player purchases this content using their Xbox, PC, or mobile device and it is a digital item from the Microsoft Store that satisfies the aforementioned requirements, they are eligible for a refund.
- Purchases of digital movies, TV shows, and TV apps from Microsoft Movies & TV cannot be returned by users.
Xbox advises looking to see if any Xbox Network issues may be causing problems if a player is requesting a refund purely because they believe the product is not functioning as intended.
- Refund requests must meet certain criteria.
Refund requests need to fit certain requirements. In addition to falling under one of the aforementioned product categories, your Xbox refund request must also satisfy the following requirements to have a better chance of being granted:
- Requests for refunds must be made within 14 days of the purchase of the product (this window may be extended up to 30 days in certain circumstances, such as when a player is dissatisfied with the licence agreement or warranty of the product, or when Microsoft specifies).
- Requests for refunds are made without spending a lot of time playing the game (an exact time limit is not specified by Xbox Support, either because the time limit is on a case-by-case basis, or simply to avoid players abusing the limit)
- The account requesting the refund hasn’t exceeded the annual cap on refunds or financial compensation (again, Xbox Support withholds this information because the cap isn’t fixed in stone or to prevent gamers from abusing it).
- Refund requests may take several days.
Requests for refunds could take several days. It can take several business days for your refund request to be granted and for the money to be credited to your account after you submit it. Even if your refund request is authorised right away, it can still take some time before the money shows up in your original payment account.
Using a web browser and Xbox Support is the only way to request a game or digital purchase refund at the moment. What you should know about obtaining Xbox online refunds is as follows:
- Open a web browser on any device, preferably a PC or one with a widescreen, and go to the Xbox Support refund request page (opens in a new tab).
- If you’re not already logged into your Xbox Account, click the green “Sign In” button on the Xbox refund gateway and input your credentials.
- Find the “Request availability” and “Refund status” tabs on the Xbox refund request portal once you’ve logged into your Xbox Account.
- Locate the games or game purchases you want to get a refund for under the “Request availability” tab, and check the box to the left of their titles to select them.
- To request a refund, click the “Submit” button after you are certain that everything is in order. Your game or game purchase will be completely reimbursed to your account within a few business days if it is approved.