The question is straightforward: How can I print iPhone text messages?
If the day ever comes that you require a physical copy printout of your iPhone text messages, SMS, and iMessage discussions.
We’ll cover a couple methods for printing iPhone text messages in this article.
Read More: How to Block Texts on iPhone? Easiest Ways
Print iPhone Text Messages Through Screenshots
This technique also requires an AirPrint printer or a PC/Mac that is attached to a printer. The nice thing about screenshots is that they let you save all the crucial information, like contact information and the time and date of the chat.
However, if you need to print numerous messages at once, this solution isn’t the ideal. When dealing with a legal matter, taking screenshots of your messages is very beneficial. It could be necessary for you to show actual iPhone screenshots.
To be on the safe side, find out from your attorney whether you can use your text messages as evidence in court and the best printing technique.
You must capture screenshots of the messages you want to print out and then use an AirPrint printer to print them from your iPhone. Detailed instructions are provided here.
Steps to print iPhone text messages using screenshots
On your iPhone, launch the Messages app and choose the texts you wish to print.
- Press the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons simultaneously while the message(s) you want to print are visible.
- If your device lacks a Home button, you can still take a screenshot by simultaneously pressing the Volume Up button and the Side button on the right side.
- You can hear the camera’s shutter sound as you take the screenshot if your sound is turned on.
- To open the screenshot snapshot, launch the Photos app, or tap the screenshot thumbnail in the lower left corner of your screen.
- To print the messages from your iPhone, press the up arrow button, then tap Print.
- As an alternative, you can use the up arrow button to select Mail, email yourself the screenshot of your camera roll, and then print the images from your email after opening it.
- Again, the screenshot method is free and efficient if you simply need to print a few text messages.
- Organizing a lot of screenshots will quickly get out of hand, though, if you have more than a few iPhone text messages to print out.
- Printing messages from an iPhone is simple; just take a screenshot of the conversation.
- Do not forget to keep the chronological order because you can only take one snapshot at a time.
- Even though it may take some time to take several screenshots to capture lengthy talks, it will be effective.
Disadvantages of screenshots for printing text messages
- Not every message in a screenshot has the contact’s name and phone number.
- In an iPhone screenshot, there is no precise time; instead, there is a broad time for numerous messages.
- It can take a lot of time to screenshot each and every message screen that needs to be printed.
- You must manually arrange and sort the screenshots when there are several of them in order to print them chronologically.
- In order to correctly collate and arrange the printouts, some users also attempt to import the photos into software like Microsoft Word, Adobe InDesign, or Preview.
- That takes a tonne of effort! The image includes additional iPhone screen information that is unrelated to the messages itself.
- For these reasons, we do not advise using the screenshot approach to print your text messages if you have a large number of texts.
- Often, it takes too much time and effort to be worthwhile.
- Print iPhone Text Messages Method 2: Decipher TextMessage
Users can instantly save and print text messages from their iPhone, iPad, or iPod with Decipher TextMessage, a desktop application.
The programme initially saves iPhone text messages to your Mac or Windows computer, after which you may immediately print out the exported PDF of every SMS message or iMessage you’ve ever sent or received. Quick, easy, and simple!
Requisites for printing text messages from an iPad or iPhone
- Mac or Windows Computer
Instructions on how to print iPhone text messages
To print iPhone text messages on any Windows or Mac computer, adhere to these precise guidelines.
- Make a computer backup of your iPhone.
- Run Text Message Decoder.
- Choose a contact whose texts you want to print.
- Select Export to PDF.
- To print the saved file and the text messages, open it and choose Print.
- Print Out Text Messages from iPhone via Email
Yes, you may use email to print text messages from your iPhone. It is possible to manually choose every conversation you’ve had on your iPhone, copy it, and send it as an email.
You can select and copy one message at a time, so keep that in mind. Although it is simple, it might take a lot of time and effort.
If you can do this, you will be able to find all of your written messages. The only drawback is that you won’t be able to store the date and time when a specific comment was made.
However, this message is still useful in a variety of circumstances.
- On your iPhone, open the messaging app and navigate to the conversation you wish to print in.
- Touch and hold the message you wish to print in step two. You can choose from a number of alternatives, including copy, paste, forward, special, and more. To copy the contents of your messages to the iPhone’s clipboard, select “copy.” Additionally, you can choose numerous messages at once.
- Next, open the Mail app on your iPhone or other iOS device by clicking on it, and begin typing your messages by simply pasting them. Once more, the “paste” option will appear while holding and tapping somewhere on the message’s body. To correctly copy the message, click on it.
- Next, use a desktop computer to go into the same email account, read any draught emails, and then use the print command to print the emails.
- Contact Your Phone Carrier to Request a Copy of Text Message History
Text messages can be requested for many reasons, but getting them through your phone provider might be challenging.
Not every service provider is willing to reveal such private information. In reality, some of them merely save your contacts, the date, and the time instead of the text message’s actual content.
Asking your phone carrier’s customer service about their text message policy is the easiest approach to accomplish this.
They’ll probably ask you to give a compelling justification for your request. Even filling out and notarizing a separate form can be required of you.
If you don’t provide a court-issued paperwork to the phone carrier, they might also refuse your request.
My teammate JP has some information on this topic. While residing in the country, he used AT&T phone services.
He may check billing information, data consumption, and text message information using an AT&T web interface.
So, if you don’t have time to contact, you might try visiting the official website of your phone company to see whether you can download the text messages.
Although it might not be effective for everyone, it’s worth the time to check.
You may export all of your text conversations directly to your computer and save them as PDFs or in any other format with AnyTrans or iMazing, but they are not free.
You can test the program’s functionality in a free trial mode. The licence must then be purchased in order to keep using it.
I sincerely hope that these useful tips have made it easier for you to print off the text messages from your iPhone.
If you have any inquiries concerning these procedures, please let me know. Please feel free to offer any further recommendations in the comments section.
- Can you print a text message conversation from an iPhone?
Printing messages from an iPhone is simple; just take a screenshot of the conversation. Do not forget to keep the chronological order because you can only take one snapshot at a time. It may take some time to take several screenshots to capture lengthy talks, but it will be effective.
- How can I print a copy of my text messages?
Choose the View Backups button to return to the SMS screen. For the text messages you want to print, choose the file you backed up. At the top of the window, tap the printer icon that appears. To transmit the printout to your printer, go through the cloud printing settings.
- How do I print text messages from my phone to my printer?
On your Android smartphone, open the “SMS” folder to view the complete text message chats. The messages you’ve selected will be saved to your computer in a matter of seconds when you hit the “Export” button and select a printing output format like TEXT, CSV, or XML.
- How do I print Imessages for court?
Choose a contact who has texts you need to print off for court. Select Export. Open the text message PDF that was saved to your computer. To print SMS messages for a court or trial, select Print.
- Is there a way to print an entire text conversation?
use Google Cloud Print or AirPrint. You can print out your text message chats directly from your device if you have a printer that supports Apple’s AirPrint or Google Cloud Print on Android devices.