YouTube TV garnered a lot of favorable attention when it first launched, partly because it was thought to be the best live TV streaming service ever. Others subscribe and use the service for several weeks or months, while some individuals just sign up for a YouTube TV free trial to watch a certain show they love.
Regardless of the situation, you should be aware that you can always cancel your subscription. So if you want to learn how to stop using YouTube TV, you’ve come to the perfect place. This article will teach you all you need to know.
How to Cancel YouTube TV?
Here is how to begin the process dependent on the device you’re using because how to cancel the subscription will differ depending on the device:
How to Cancel YouTube TV from the Web?
You can cancel your YouTube TV subscription the simplest way possible by doing so using the desktop website. On a Mac, Linux, or Windows 10 machine, you can perform this.
Therefore, you must open your browser and access the website if you want to begin the cancelling procedure on your computer. Need must follow these procedures in order to finalize the cancellation:
- Launch the web browser of your choice, and then go to tv.youtube.com.
- Do not forget to log into your account. Log in if not already. If you wish to cancel the subscription, you need this.
- The top-right corner of your window contains the “Sign in” button. Select the appropriate Google account, then type your password.
- In the top-right corner of the page, click on your avatar. You’ll see a drop-down menu appear.
- Select Settings from the menu by clicking the button. It ought to be on the list someplace near the top.
- Select Membership now. This is visible on the left sidebar at the top.
- Click on Membership Pause or Cancel. It is immediately visible beneath the YouTube TV icon. When you’re ready to cancel your membership, just click Cancel Membership. This choice will be shown to you in the pop-up window.
- In addition, avoid clicking Pause if you wish to terminate your membership. If you do this, the account won’t be deleted; instead, it will stop charging you for a while before turning back on by itself after eight weeks.
- Decide on a cancellation reason. You won’t need to write anything yourself because you can select your justification from a list.
- Click Continue Canceling after selecting a reason. This option will be located at the bottom of the pop-up window.
- Click Cancel Membership at this time. After this, your subscription will be considered finished.
You will be brought back to the Membership Page after the procedure is finished. You will notice the option to “Restart membership” directly beneath the YouTube TV logo if the operation was successful.
Keep in mind that you should receive a confirmation email from them once you successfully cancel the membership. In order to confirm that it is there, check your email.
How to Cancel YouTube TV from iOS?
Here are the steps you need to take if you have an iPhone or iPad and want to cancel YouTube TV on that device:
- Launch a web browser on your iOS device and go to tv.youtube.com.
- Click on your profile image if you are in into your account.
- Access Settings.
- Next, select Membership.
- Choose Cancel Membership and verify your selection.
The procedure is essentially the same on iOS devices as it would be on a computer.
How to Cancel YouTube TV from Android?
Since you can cancel your subscription using the app, cancelling YouTube TV from an Android phone will be a little different.
Therefore, the procedures you must follow if this is how you wish to cancel your YouTube TV subscription are as follows:
- Launch the Youtube TV app on your Android phone.
- If you haven’t already, log into your account. There will be a “Already a Member?” option if you are using the app for the first time. To sign in, tap it and then enter your username and password.
- Next, tap the icon for your profile. The top-right corner of your screen will display this.
- Select Settings from the list of available options.
- After that, choose Membership.
- You will see the options to Pause or Cancel Membership beneath the YouTube TV logo. Choose it.
- A Cancel button will be located at the bottom.
- Make sure you click this rather than Pause Membership because the latter will just suspend your membership for a short period of time before starting to charge you for the services again.
- Decide why you want to cancel your account.
- Next, tap Keep Canceling. You can continue without having to respond to any texts.
- On the following screen, select Cancel Membership.
Can You Pause Your YouTube TV Subscription?
There are other options besides cancelling your subscription.You will also come across the option to halt it when you try to permanently cancel your subscription.
Your membership can be paused to give you a break from paying for the features it offers; after the break has passed, it will automatically resume. Within that period, you can manually resume your subscription.
The best part is that your current library recordings will still be saved and you won’t have to worry about paying any more. Just be aware that any other accounts you have with YouTube TV will also be halted. You will be able to regain full access once you restart the service.
Although cancelling YouTube TV is not complicated, the procedure on a web browser differs significantly from that on an iPhone or iPad, so you must be aware of this.
If you do the proper actions, you can effectively cancel your subscription. On the other side, you can just suspend your subscription and pick it back up later if you want a break from it but don’t want to entirely cancel it.