Electronic signature software has become an essential component of an enterprise-level software technology suite. Many smaller businesses and individuals are also experiencing the benefits of e-sign apps. They allow for the efficient, automated creation, tracking, and approval of a wide range of business documents.
But when evaluating e-signature apps, many individuals and organizations make a big mistake: they forget about usability. The quality and intuitiveness of an e-signature platform’s interface affect everything from initial employee onboarding to the nature and quantity of usability issues that invariably arise further down the line.
In this post, we’ll explore the importance of ease of use in a little more depth. We’ll explain how to find highly usable software and review some of the top brands on the market.
What Is Electronic Signature Software?
Electronic signature apps are used to streamline document workflows. Organizations rely on them to sign business documents like contracts, proposals, invoices, and so on. Once they have been signed internally, documents can then be sent to clients for approval.
There are two main types of electronic signature software: dedicated e-sign apps and larger document management solutions. Dedicated apps are used to sign and send documents but offer little additional functionality. On the other hand, management solutions, which are sometimes called contract lifecycle management (CLM) apps, offer a much larger set of tools.
Virtually all document management apps include electronic signature features, although subscriptions usually cost more than signature-only software.
How to Find Easy-to-Use Electronic Signature Software
Follow the steps below to find e-signature software that can be used with a minimum of confusion:
- Decide on free vs. paid software – There are many excellent free plans available. If you only process a small number of documents every month and have few requirements for advanced functionality then this could be the route to go. Large organizations will likely need a high-level paid subscription.
- Sample different providers – Take advantage of free subscriptions and trials. If a potential app isn’t available on trial, get in touch with the sales department and ask for one.
- Be aware of pricing on higher-level plans – If you expect the number of users of your e-sign app to increase, account for future fees on premium plans. Subscription costs can vary significantly.
- Check customer support hours – Ensure that customer support is available during your working hours and can be contacted using your preferred communication channel.
E-Signature Platforms: Top 4 Providers
If you’re looking for a high level of usability, be sure to check out the following four providers:
- PandaDoc – PandaDoc is one of the most popular document management solutions on the web. Everything has been designed with ease of use in mind, from the document editor to the analytics dashboard. PandaDoc also offers what is arguably the best long-term-free plan currently available.
- CocoSign – While CocoSign’s interface is a little more complex than some other alternatives, the software does a good job of balancing a large amount of functionality with usability. Paid CocoSign plans come with advanced features like customizable signing workflows, automated reminders, and integrations. A free plan is available.
- DocuSign – DocuSign is one of the oldest and most widely-recognized brands in the e-sign space. The platform is navigable and intuitive, and the settings are easy to configure. Free trials are available for all plans so be sure to take advantage of them. A limited free plan is also offered (users cannot send documents for signing on it).
- SmallPDF – If you’re looking for a straightforward online tool to sign a small number of documents, SmallPDF is worth checking out. It’s completely free.
Related Post: How To Sign Your Documents or Contracts Anywhere By Utilizing E-signatures?
These are all the top electronic signature software/platforms you need to try. We listed the above tools based on user reviews and experience. Hope the above guide will help you to solve your queries related to e-signature software. If you still have any doubts about the above guide please feel free to ask us in the below comment section. Thanks for your visit.